Breakfast is on the menu for my first meal recipe!
It is the most important meal of the day and whopping 25% of people NEVER eat breakfast! As well as kick starting your metabolism, eating breakfast increases your productivity and concentration throughout the morning. If you eat a good breakfast you are less likely to snack throughout the morning or eat rubbish for lunch because you are so hungry.
The way I see it, is your body is like a car – you wouldn’t try and drive your car without fuel, so why would you work your body with no fuel?
So this is my absolute FAVOURITE breakfast to make! It is so easy and you can even take it on the go if you are in a rush! I make these when I have morning flight or short haul because the breakfast that we eat on the plane is full of unwanted salts, fats and extras that I don’t even want to think about! This is a low carb breakfast that will keep you going all morning and will hopefully curb the mid-morning snacking!
EGG MUFFINS 🍳
You will need –
2 small/medium eggs
A couple of finely chopped mushrooms
1 rasher of good quality bacon
A pinch of feta or cheddar cheese
A muffin/cupcake tray
- Pop your rasher of bacon under the grill until it is cooked to your liking (I personally like it crispy) and then chop it into small pieces
- Fry your mushrooms in Coconut Oil
- Coat the inside of 3 cups in the muffin tray with a small amount of Coconut Oil so the muffins don’t stick
- Whisk your eggs and then pour evenly into muffin tray to fill 3 cups about 3/4 full
- Add your chopped and cooked mushrooms and bacon and sprinkle a little cheese in each cup
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 200 degrees
- Remove from oven and stand to cool for 2 minutes – you can then eat them straight away or leave them to cool and take them with you.
These are just my fillings of choice – of course you can choose different fillings if you wish – a few ideas could be peppers, spinach, chicken or even salmon!
Have a go at making these and let me know how you get on – feel free to post pictures of your attempts below and if you find a filling that you love – I would love to hear about it!